Friday, May 27, 2005

Jesus Taxis

I had this great idea last night for a new kind of ministry...Jesus Taxis! Kind-of like what I college kids do on Beach Reach trips when they offer free rides. You start a taxi service but instead of paying the fare, people have to hear the gospel! I know that's kind-of "out there" and a lot of people would rather pay money than be preached to. But hey, I would probably listen to a Muslim for 20 minutes than pay the 20 cab fare. I bet there are people as cheap as me out there. You'd have to get licensed because there's already going to be the perception that you're a "crazy" who might abduct people and make them drink Kool-ade. Then you just sit in the queu at the airport w/ the other taxis and when someone hails you, you tell them before they get in, "This is a Jesus taxi. I won't ask you to pay a fare. Instead, I just ask that you listen to what I have to say on the way. If that's not okay with you, feel free to take the next taxi in line." This might work better in a tourist town where people aren't traveling for business and are more liesurely with their time. But I bet it could work somewhere.

No comments: