Friday, October 19, 2007

Romney. Stealing. Period.

As of today, I am claiming credit for whatever success Mitt Romney's presidential campaign brings. I just saw a TV spot with this slogan:

Mitt Romney
Strong. New. Leadership.

Years ago, I created a tagline for Irving public schools:

Irving ISD
Growing. Strong. Learners.

The beauty of the above slogan is its flexibility. It can mean that Irving ISD is growing strong learners. It can also mean that Irving ISD is growing and strong and full of learners. But NAYOOOOOOO! All those English teachers in the district chided me for the periods. It didn't make sense! Was it a sentence or not? They didn't get it and they didn't like it. Well, now it's getting presidents elected! So how do you like me now, Ms. Bossyteacher!? Stick THAT in your Number 2 pencil and smoke it!!!

Marketing Guru out.

p.s. If anyone reading this is an attorney and would like to provide pro-bono services for what is obviously a slam-dunk intellectual property suit, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Guru. Out. Again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm here to say ahead of time...so that its recorded but hidden from paul and vic...that when they finally leave the conversation, they will post the last word, then proclaim that they will no longer read or respond to our postings...that way, they and us will know that they had the last word and therefore, win. Just like men that they claim to be would never do. Or that's my guess...i feel its where the smart money is.