Monday, April 24, 2006

Dirk Smirk


Dirk finally did what Dirk is supposed to do last night. He shot lights out. He carried the team through dry spells. He played team leader. And he at least attempted defense. I don't think it's any coincidence that when Dirk did that, Damp hustled like never before. What a contrast from last year when those two guys let their pouty lips do more work than their big, slow, white legs (Damp wears high socks). I know we were facing the Griz and not, like, an NBA team. But just watching the game, we looked like we were going to work as hard as we had to to win, no matter the opponent and I think that, more than coasting through and making it look easy, is a sign of good things to come.
(Oh, and I wore the Nash jersey and drank German beer. I think that gave Dirk extra mojo.)

No comments: