Tuesday, April 11, 2006

How I Work

Found an interesting collection of vignettes about a bunch of successful people online today and how they work. Some get up at 5 a.m. Some don't get to the office until 10. Some have never used email. Some don't go anywhere without their laptop. Most of these people say they work long hours but then, what are they going to say? "Yeah, I pop into the office for a bit in the morning before my two-martini lunch and my 3 o'clock standing tee time?" To find the interviews, click here, then click on the "How I Work" photo gallery.
So that brings me to how I work:

6:30: alarm goes off
7-ish: roll out of bed and hope I have time to shower before Bethany starts banging on the wall.
8: leave for work
8:15: the aroma, the awakening, the comfort, the smiling cashier - a slice of caffienated heaven
8:30: arrive at work. Check for anything that needs immediate attention. Then read something - newspaper, Bible, blogs, etc.
9-12: work my buns off
12-1: lunch somewhere. sometimes i run during lunch. sometimes i go home. almost always i leave the office and try to get outside.
1-5:30: work my buns off some more.

That's pretty much it. About once a week I'll work late or have some travel or some meeting off site, but for the most part I've got a real comfortable routine, and I'm usually home in time to eat dinner with my family. I'm really blessed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, I did. But this is how I normally work - not during the past 7 weeks. In that time my schedule has been more like this:
6:30 - alarm goes off
7:30 - drag my butt out of the rack
8:30 - cuss Starbucks on my way past
9:00 - get to work late
9-5 - sleepwalk

Unknown said...

by the way, who the heck is redneb evets?
or should i say, steve bender? (i'm too good...)

Unknown said...

cool! thanks for checking out the blog and posting. Christine and I won't be in class this weekend but next time we're there, come up and say "hi". Also, Christine tells me Kristen was one of the life-savers who brought us a meal after Zach was born. THANKS a ton for that too!