Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bad Writing

Found this bit of wisdom on www.reallivepreacher.com.

Bad Writing Days

These are the mind games you play.

I have some writing tricks, but I never say that I’m going to put aside writing for a time in hopes that I can bluff my muse into giving it up. That’s like a cheap line in a single’s bar. That’s like telling a headstrong toddler that you are going to leave him in the grocery store.

“I’m leaving, Trevor. I really am. I’m going now. Goodbye Trevor.”

Here is a tip for you: Never try to bluff or seduce your muse. Instead, court her. Learn to love her. This is a marriage, not a one-night stand.

I'm in a long string of bad writing days, and I think it has to do with my keep- him- at- arms- length- because- he's- too- hard- to- seek- out- and- I've- got- other- things- to- deal- with relationship with God right now.

1 comment:

Steve Hayes said...

Your "Bad Writing" post was some of the best writing I've seen in a while. Man, it's not often that I feel like I've had a good writing day either. The blog helps motivate me, but it's kind of like the Mavs in game 6; if I need something to motivate me by now, am I really a writer?

The sweet muse taunts me. Taunt away, vile muse, taunt away.