Thursday, June 08, 2006

Let's Get It On!

Scattershooting on the day of Dallas first NBA Finals game:
  • Enough waiting, already! Let's get this pawty stawted!
  • I have so many non-Finals things to blog about (funny pro cycling quotes, Washington D.C. trip, William Shatner the Rocketman) but for now, they'll have to wait.
  • Do you know how hard it is to find Mavs gear in this town? All I want is a T-shirt!
  • Even harder to get tickets. I've been hawking stubhub, ebay, etc. and the prices are incredible. Cheapest I've seen is $225 for nosebleed. And I've heard rumors of $70k for floor seats. Let's see...pay off the house or go to Game 1...hmmm.
  • The Dallas Morning News had a funny Top 10 on their editorial page yesterday, "Top 10 Reasons Dallas Deserves the NBA Finals Trophy More Than Miami." Funniest line: "No one ever asks who shot Crockett and Tubbs." Second funniest: "If David Hasselhoff is for us, who can be against us?"
  • This series is as much about the coaches as the players. If you measure the player talent only, I think Miami has us beat. But the Little General's system makes our team better than the sum of its parts. Let's just hope it doesn't come down to Avery drawing up a last-minute play.


"Gentlemen, I think you'll find those the same measurements as our court back home in Hickory."

No comments: