Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Postponing the Inevitable

Game 3 was Miami's best chance to steal a game in this series and that's what they did - by the skin of their teeth, with the help of 2 Shaq made free throws, a missed Dirk free throw, and a Gary Payton 26-foot jumper. Ninety-nine times out of 100, those three things don't happen. So I'm still not worried about the series. The one thing that did bother me about last night was our rebounding. We outrebounded our opponents in the first 17 games of the playoffs and all of the sudden, we can't get one. And it wasn't all Shaq keeping us off the boards. We just didn't seem to be scrapping for them.

I'm also concerned about the state of sports journalism in Germany. Apparently, everyone else at ESPN Berlin is busy with World Cup so they sent Boris Becker to cover the Finals.

Neat.

When the mitten took a step inside the 3-point line and went up, I said "Good." It was good, but that's not what I meant.

Cold chillin'

"Dude, I'm right behind you."

Don't worry, Jet. It will soon be yours.

No comments: