Friday, June 09, 2006

Lift Off

I'm really surprised at how easy that was last night. I may have to retract my post about the Heat being better than us on paper. They're not. Not even when Dirk and Josh BOTH have an off night. I know the Heat can play better, but so can the Mavs. After Duncan and Nash, it may turn out that Shaq and Wade don't measure up.

Game notes:
  • I'm so happy that Jet had a game like that. He's due. He's such a clutch player and seems to be a likable guy. Plus, he let Ben and Skin into his house.
  • I'm so happy when Antoine Walker touches the ball. I know he may break out of his 10-year slump any day now and torch us for 50, but for now, we need to get him more touches. After all, he's a "volume-shooter", remember?
  • I'd be happier if Dirk would get to the rim more. In the second half, he started doing that thing where he puts the ball on the ground for one dribble and then pulls up for a jumper - even if he had a lane to the basket. I know Shaq is lurking in there but let's take it to him, Dirk. You're a 7-footer and he needs some fouls.
  • Where was the halftime entertainment? Don't the Finals warrant an appearance by U2 or some other big-time act?
  • Back to Walker, has anyone else noticed that he takes tiny steps?
  • Remember when we called him J-Dub and he was on a Nike commercial? How the mighty have fallen.
  • I tried my darndest to get tickets yesterday. Next time, I'm going with these guys and getting in free:

No comments: