Friday, June 23, 2006

Still Grieving

Today, for the first time since Tuesday night, I had the strength to read a newspaper story about the Mavs. The minute the game ended Tuesday, I flipped off the TV, threw the remote across the room, and began a half-week grieving sulk. I feel like a jilted lover - "I love you but you let me down!" So depressing.


Last night, Bethany and Zach experienced their first trip to the movies! The theater in Valley Ranch is re-opening today and we went to a family sneak preview night last night with both kids. I was sure it would be a mistake but they were both really good!

Here are a few more photos from D.C.
Capitol at dusk with U.S. Army Ceremonial Band playing on the west steps.

Best time to see the monuments is at night.

Jefferson's monument is more pretenteous than the others, but the inscriptions are more inspiring.

Honest Abe is very imposing.

World War II Memorial is new, and controversial.

That's the real deal. You can take pictures of it if you don't use flash.

West front of Capitol during daylight. The statue in front is Ulysses S. Grant.

Detail of some of the carving in the Capitol rotunda.

No comments: