Thursday, June 15, 2006

Not So Glorious

Watched Glory Road last night. Is it just me or is this a movie full of look-alikes? The guy who played the coach reminded me a lot of Matthew McConaughey. His wife looked like Amy Poehler from Saturday Night Live. The guy playing Coach Rupp looked like John Voigt with swamp fever. And the guy playing David Lattin (the biggest player) looked like somebody, but I couldn't tell who.
Not only are the actors look-alikes, but so is the plot. Seemed to me like some execs sat around and had this discussion:
"Hey, what movie are we going to do next?"
"I dunno. Remember how much money the Titans made?"
"Yeah. Let's do that again."
Also, there were cameos in there by Stars announcer Ralph Strangis and Mavs color man Bob Ortegel.

One more note: this will be my last post from Irving. I'm leaving town tomorrow and, unless I figure out moblogging soon, I'll be blog-less for about 5 days. I hope we all survive the ordeal.

No comments: