Sunday, June 18, 2006

No Travel Log

Well, my moblogging dreams have been dashed. Blogger is rejecting emails sent from my phone and the rates for Internet usage in the hotel are outrageous. And I haven't found a cyber cafe yet. So this might be my only post from DC and, since there's no card reader here, it won't include photos, of which I have many.
DC is way cool. Very pretty and very clean city. Everyone here seems to fall into two categories: visitors who are happy to be on vacation seeing the sites, or locals who are happy to see the visitors seeing the sights. It's a shame I've seen three other national capitols before I saw my own!

Some highlights:
-Took communion at the National Cathedral this morning.
-Visited the big sites on the National Mall - Capitol, Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln Monuments, Vietnam and Korea Memorials. Awe-inspiring stuff. I think Lincoln is my fav.
-Saw the Declaration of Independence and Constitution. The actual original documents. Did you know a 26-year-old signed the Declaration?
-Stood in the spot where Dr. King gave his I Have a Dream speech.

There's more but I've got to quit soon. This is costing me $.79/minute.
Game 5 tonight. I'm nervous.

No comments: